Getting S.M.A.R.T. Command Failed Boot Error

Here, we discuss everything about Computer peripherals, laptops, mobile gadgets, and other electronic devices.
moneymaker

Getting S.M.A.R.T. Command Failed Boot Error

Post by moneymaker »

I have an old Lenovo laptop purchased seven years ago. It is a bit obsolete in specifications and runs on HDD.

Today, I switched on the laptop, but it failed to boot.

It shows an error -Getting S.M.A.R.T. Command Failed Boot Error. None of the keys are working and getting into the same loop. How to fix the SMART command Failed Boot error?
siva
Standard User

Quick Fix S.M.A.R.T command failed

Post by siva »

Buddy, your computer's hard disk (HDD) is about to fail. Backup the content and purchase a brand new SSD.
Alex George
Global Moderator

Fix S.M.A.R.T. Command Failed Boot Error

Post by Alex George »

I agree with Siva. The HDD is about to die, and it is giving you a warning. It is time to move on to SSD.

As a workaround, unplug the Data cable from the hard disk and reconnect. Check whether the issue returns.
Yashika
Standard User

Quick Fix S.M.A.R.T. Command Failed Boot Error

Post by Yashika »

I agree with others. You should think about replacing the hard disk. As a workaround, you can disable the SMART check from the BIOS.

Go to BIOS (You can access BIOS by rebooting your computer and pressing Del or F2 keys). Navigate the Hardware and select Hard Disk. Go to SMART and disable it.

Your computer will no longer show the SMART command failed error while booting.