Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding

Here we discuss everything about Computer Networking and Configuration.
Aleena George

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding

Post by Aleena George »

Hello, I have a problem with Internet connectivity on my Windows laptop. Occasionally, it refuses to go online. Windows troubleshooting comes up with a result with the following error message.

Troubleshooting has completed. Problems found:
Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding.
It just shows a close button, nothing more. Can you tell me the steps to fix it?
Alex George
Global Moderator

Re: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding

Post by Alex George »

This issue is related to the DNS server information on your modem/router. You can fix this issue by power cycling the modem/router.

Switch off the device for two minues and power on.
Aleena George

How do I fix the device or resource DNS server is not responding?

Post by Aleena George »

Thank you for the suggestion. I switched off the computer and modem for three minutes. Turned on the computer and modem after three minutes. Now, the Internet is working.