Internet Download Speed is Low With Belkin Router

Here we discuss everything about Computer Networking and Configuration.
Thomas
Standard User

Internet Download Speed is Low With Belkin Router

Post by Thomas »

I have a Belkin Wireless AC Modem/Router. It seems that my downloads, especially from YouTube, are very slow with the Belkin router in the network. I get a higher download speed without the Belkin router in the network.

What are the optimum settings for this unit? I have a MacBook Pro and a Mac Desktop. Both seem to suffer from the same problem on this router. I use Exetel ADSL2+, and the current bandwidth reading is 129.70kbps. It should be much faster. I think the Belkin AC router is reducing the Internet download speed.
KE JIA

Belkin AC Dual Band Router Upload Speed is Very Less

Post by KE JIA »

I have successfully configured the Belkin AC 1200 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router. I can connect to the Internet, and the download speed is quite fast, but the problem is that its upload speed is very slow, almost close to 0.
Alex George
Global Moderator

Internet Connection Issues After Connecting a Belkin Router

Post by Alex George »

Make sure the Belkin Router has the latest firmware version. If not, update the firmware and check whether it improves the connection speed.

Another solution is to change the current wireless channel and check whether the speed improved.
Thomas
Standard User

YouTube Is Slow with Belkin Router

Post by Thomas »

I changed the wireless channel, but has no effect. The speed is still low with the Belkin router. When I connect my Mac directly to the ISP modem, no problem with the speed.