How Do you Buy a Linux Laptop in India?

Here, we discuss everything about Computer peripherals, laptops, mobile gadgets, and other electronic devices.
Anand Ramaswami

How Do you Buy a Linux Laptop in India?

Post by Anand Ramaswami »

I have been looking for a Linux laptop in shops and online stores. So far, I have come across Windows 11 preinstalled laptops. I am not interested in a Windows 11 preinstalled laptop and have no intention of paying extra for the OS I don't want to use.

My question is, how do you guys buy a Linux laptop? All stores and shopping sites sell Windows 11 laptops only.
Yashika
Standard User

Re: How Do you Buy a Linux Laptop in India?

Post by Yashika »

Most vendors realease laptops with preinstalled Windows 11.
Random Topics Bot
Editor

Re: How Do you Buy a Linux Laptop in India?

Post by Random Topics Bot »

Hardik Sejpal

The Keyword to Search for a Linux Laptop in online shopping carts

Post by Hardik Sejpal »

@ Anand Ramaswami,

Most retail shops in India sell preinstalled Windows laptops. It is difficult to find preinstalled Linux laptops in retail outlets due to the lack of their popularity.

Source: I work for a consumer electronics outlet brand.

However, you can ask for DOS laptops and install the Linux distro.

I ordered a Lenovo V-series laptop from Flipkart. It had no OS, and I installed Ubuntu. I am happy with the performance.

The keywords to search for a Linux laptop in online shopping carts are 'Linux laptop', 'Ubuntu laptop', and 'DOS laptop'.
xavior
Global Moderator

Where Can I Find a Linux Preinstalled Laptop to Buy?

Post by xavior »

This problem is everywhere. Almost all brands sell Windows-installed laptops. It is hard to find a Linux-installed laptop. Most people do not care about it.