Google Chat Is Taking Too Much Time to Load on Desktop PC

Here, we discuss everything about software applications, Android and iOS Apps, Windows and Linux Operating systems, etc.
Yashika
Standard User

Google Chat Is Taking Too Much Time to Load on Desktop PC

Post by Yashika »

I have been facing a problem with loading Gmail on my Desktop PC as long as the Google Chat is enabled. It is taking too much time and bandwidth to load the desktop version of Google Chat (or GChat) on Windows PC. I checked with my windows laptop, the same result.

What do you think about?
xavior
Global Moderator

Gmail version of Google Chat is Consuming too much bandwidth and slow

Post by xavior »

I also faced the same problem Yashika mentioned. I had to continue the Gchat discussion with my friend over my laptop when my phone battery dried up.

It took a while to load the long Google Chat conversation over the desktop version of Gmail chat. The Internet was fine, and all other regular reasons for a slower connection were absent.

The problem was with Gmail and the Gmail-integrated Google Chat.

I believe their Google chat code (in Gmail) has some bugs. Otherwise, a simple text chat platform does not need to take too much bandwidth.

I do not know what Alex has to say about it. :cry:
Yashika
Standard User

The Desktop Version Of Google Chat is Lagging

Post by Yashika »

I turned off Google Chat and Meet from Gmail. Now, it is loading fast on my desktop PC. Why does Google allow such a simple chat application so sluggish?

It is a simple text chat application. I do not understand why it needs so much bandwidth.